RD18 Tandem Vibratory Roller
The RD18 articulated ride-on rollers offer a large drum diameter combined with the low machine center of gravity to ensure excellent compaction quality. The three-point articulated joint offers constant surface contact for better results, safety and a smoother ride. Unilateral drum support allows for up to the edge compaction on both sides.
- Dual drum vibration with high and low settings
- Maneuverable compact roller for superior compaction for a variety of applications
- Tapered design allows for excellent drum visibility
- Three-point articulated pendulum joint ensures uniform weight distribution for excellent compaction results, maneuverability and stability
- Available as a dual drum roller or a combination roller with front drum vibration and rear pneumatic tires
Unilateral drum support
- Excellent compaction performance right up to the edge: With the unilateral drum support, you have curb clearance that allows flush rolling on both sides and you can move the roller directly up to walls or curbs. Re-compaction is not required. Only available for the models RD18-100 and RD18-100C.
Articulated pendulum joint
- Uniform compaction, optimal driving stability: The three-point articulated pendulum joint ensures a uniform weight distribution on the front and rear drum at all times. This also improves the maneuverability and provides for maximum tipping safety and stability when turning curves.
Front and rear with vibration drums.
The vibration drum optimally brings the material to be compacted into oscillation with quick successive vertical forces. The built-in eccentric weight provides for a fast rotation and you get an excellent compaction performance.
All traditional compaction work
Vibration drum in the front, tires in the rear.
Even with the combination rollers, the forces are directed vertically downwards The advantage over tandem-axle rollers are the tires. That is why combination rollers always have very good traction on gradients.
Compaction work on gradients and in uneven ground conditions
Everything is perfectly within view: With the specially designed, tapered design of the roller, you always have an excellent view of the drum edges, the machine environment and the job site.